Located in Vulcan Mountains right near the town of Lupeni (Hunedoara county), Straja offers great ski runs and great views.
Winter Season: December - April.
Directions: It can be reached by train (Lupeni station) on the Timisoara - Simeria - Craiova route, or by car, driving along DN 66 from Petrosani to Lupeni. From Lupeni there is a Gondola that goes up in Straja.
Localization / Piste Map:
Click on any of the maps below to see a better and bigger version of it.
Tickets and Passes:
The prices for the 2012-2013 winter season
Gondola & Straja Peak Chairlift:
- 1 ride: 10 Lei for adults, 7 Lei for kids
- 1 round trip: 15 Lei for adults, 11 Lei for kids
- 1 day pass: 60 Lei
- 1 day pass: 30 Lei for adults, 20 Lei for kids
Surface lifts I - V:
Ski passes for the Comexim skilifts (I**, II*, III*, IV** and V*):
- 4 points ski pass: 4 lei
- 20 points ski pass: 19 lei
- 40 points ski pass: 37 lei
- 80 points ski pass: 70 lei
- 120 points ski pass: 100 lei
- 200 points ski pass: 150 lei
- 400 points ski pass: 280 lei
* One ride with the skilift II, III or V costs 4 points, or 2.5 - 4 lei.
** One ride with the skilift I or IV costs 3 points, or 1.9 - 3 lei.
Platoul Soarelui skilift:
- 1 ride: 3 lei
Note: 1 € = 4.45 Lei